Come on in and have a cuppa with me

Come on in and have a cuppa with me
Welcome to my blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

Cora's Bed


I made this sunflower quilt with paper, the way Doreen made one on ,http://doreensprojects.blogspot.com/
I found a piece of fabric, online, made it into a full page and crunched it up
I really like the look, the cost is minimal and I could change it quite often if I wished
The sheets and pillow are fabric
I need to add perhaps some ribbon to the pillow and the bed just had to be lemon
I carved the bed posts tops from Balsa which I do not particually like but that was all I had on hand
so over all I think it looks fine!

7 comments:

  1. oh, it's so sunny and cheerful- I really love it- you can't tell it's paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can hardly tell its paper close up, till you touch it I am very pleased with the result
    Thank you Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this yellow bed! And I like the bedposts! It adds character to the bed! And the title totally threw me off....Cora's Bed! LOL, My daughter's name is Cora, and we hardly ever see it anywhere. Isn't is a beautiful name!! LOVE that pic of Molly!! She's soooo purty! :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe! Thank you Katie for your lovely comments!
    Im glad you like the bed,
    Isn't that neat! Coras Bed! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thank you De
    Im really enjoying making these new things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bed is sooo cute, love it... The bed cover looks like fabric.

    ReplyDelete